What a wonderful surprise – someone was sweet enough to send the Kreativ Blogger Award my way =) My thanks to the lovely Virginia, who has chosen me as a recipient.
I love the idea of the Kreativ Blogger Award. For anyone who isn’t familiar with it, it’s an award passed on from blogger to blogger, and encourages networking and communication. If you’re curious as to the origins of this award, check out this post on Simon Food Favourites. (Simon’s post will also explain why my logo’s different than the usual pink and green one floating around! I think it’s an awesome idea to design a logo that suits you and your blog.)
As a recipient of the Kreativ Blogger Award, I’m expected to follow a few “rules” to keep it moving:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Thank you again, Virginia! I love visiting her blog, Poeta Officium. She inspires me, even though she doesn’t know it. ;) She oozes positive energy, go check her out!
List 7 things about yourself that readers might find interesting.
1. I love cats, big and small. (Can you tell?)
2. I’m a gamer geek. My favorites are World of Warcraft, Aion, Diablo, and Minecraft. And yes, I used to play D&D.
3. I’m obsessed with tattoos! I have three fairly good-sized ones on my back, and I’m always planning the next one. (One of them is actually my avatar image.)
4. I love my little family more than anything. My husband and son – they’re my best friends, and an enormous source of support.
5. By day, I work as a medical transcriptionist out of my home. My “uniform” is a pair of sweats and a T-shirt.
6. I’m a member of Writing.Com, a wonderful community of writers that offers feedback and support. I’ve made some lifelong friends here (love you guys!). On the site, I run a group called Rainbow Writers – a group for those who write, read, or otherwise support the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) genre.
7. A vast majority of my stories focus on characters who are gender diverse.
Nominate 7 bloggers, notify them of their nomination, and post links to their blogs.
I’m breaking the rules here – I don’t know a lot of bloggers, and only have six of them to nominate.
Shira Anthony’s Blog – She’s an amazing writer, and a friend of mine from Writing.Com.
Kim’s Craft Blog – She has a lot of great creative writing advice, and I’ve been visiting her blog for a while now.
All Write – Fiction Advice – Another awesome blog for writers.
Genderfork – A blog offering support and a sense of community for those who are gender diverse.
Finding my Creature – This blog follows the writer’s journey as she seeks her creative side. I love her energy.
Pretentious Title – The blog of author Rachel Aaron – her blog has helped me to look at my writing in a different way. I visit her site quite often to get motivated.
And that’s a wrap!